I was online looking for an easy way to condition my hair using natural products and couldn’t help noticing how many of the best guides I saw included coconut oil. Although there are a lot who dislike minor attributes like it’s smell, no one can deny the fact that it’s a fully packed natural answer to many questions….but I love everything about it- including the way it smells and even feels. It’s amazing how one natural oil can be so good for the skin, hair and the whole body! Coconut oil is the miracle worker of beauty and personal care products. From body lotions to hand creams and shampoos, you’ll find coconut oil everywhere.
Because it is comprised mainly of smaller medium-chain fatty acids, the oil of the coconut penetrates hair more deeply and faster than other conditioners. and while DIY hair and skin experts would oblige you with a million ways to use this God sent oils, we will set you off with three easy ways to use the coconut oil for conditioning your hair.
1. If your hair is extremely dry, brittle, and with lots of split ends, give way to this highly nutritious leave in conditioner formula with ylang-ylang. This particular recipe uses a handful of natural ingredients which are known to repair our hair’s structure and encourage growth. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Aloe Vera juice – 2 tablespoons
- Essential oils – 6 drops (optional)
- Ylang-ylang oil – 2 teaspoons
- Castor oil – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut water – 2-4 tablespoons
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
Place the coconut oil in a pot on low heat and mix in the other ingredients as soon as it starts to melt. Then, turn off the stove and allow the mixture to reach room temperature. This DIY leave in conditioner will make your hair grow faster, but it will also make it grow thicker thanks to the ylang-ylang & castor oils!
2. If you’ve had your eye out for a leave-in conditioner that can effectively fight against dandruff & flaking while also protecting the hair structure, look no further. This DIY leave in conditioner also provides nutrients that will leave your hair supple, shiny, and smooth without compromising its volume. Here are the ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- Distilled / purified water – 1 cup.
- Aloe Vera juice – half of cup.
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Lime juice – 1 tablespoon.
- Vitamin E – 5 capsules or 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Essential oils – 40 drops total.
- Coconut milk – half a can.
Mix all the ingredients together and pour the mixture into a spray bottle for easier application. You can use this spray leave in conditioner between 1 and 3 times per week, depending on your hair type and how often you need to wash it.
3. As a basic DIY Leave In Conditioner, coconut oil is the most basic you can use. You will need:
Pour a bit of coconut oil in your palms (depending on your hair length), rub them gently together to melt the typically solid coconut oil, and spread it through your hair using your fingers. A bad hair day can easily come to an end with this DIY leave in conditioner for natural hair. Also, if frizz and unruly hairs are your main concern, coconut oil is your best and easiest solution.