So Christmas is here, the holiday has began for most and there’s a lot of shopping to do for gifts. I’ve been involved in conversations where I got to ask some male friends about gifts they would like to see when they open that box, gifts they wish she would buy that may be unusual to ask for directly, but they would love to see.
For us women, gifts for men could be easy or difficult depending on the taste of your man, his financial status ( men who can afford almost anything could be hard to shop for) , the stage of life he’s at and maybe even his mood. It would just be easy to find out from him but then we lose the element of surprise, which sucks out a bit of the fun! So the solution for most is to go for the cliches- perfumes, shirts, shoes etc.
What happens though, when you ask a man this question, taking into consideration the factors we listed above- ”What gift do you secretly wish your spouse would give you for Christmas?”
Well, here are a few of the answers we got:
- A bottle of really expensive wine (Collector’s)– He loves good wine, perhaps a connoiseur of sorts; with nearly 500 labels from around the world, he’ll have fine dining at it’s best.
- A Chain/Necklace and pendant- A little odd for a man to want a gift like this, that’s perhaps why it’s in an article like this. He may not have told you he’s the chain wearing kind but he’s dropped hints here and there- Most women do not fancy their men wearing chains/ necklaces. To us, unless You’re JayZ or 2 Chains, the necklaces should be locked up somewhere along with the cargo shorts and Ironic Print Tees! but what if he’s dying to try one on? Is there a meeting point? Errr, maybe a masculine wrist cuff?
Seriously though, a necklace for a guy is a little bit different than one for a woman. For one thing, men’s jewelry is meant to complement, not to overwhelm.That means necklaces that are a little more rugged and rough around the edges. Here’s a tip- Good jewelry for men should look natural — like you’ve been wearing it for years, after it was given to you by your grandfather, who wore it for years before you. Definitely not bright and shiny!
Ladies, most men who wear necklaces well won’t be noticeable for their jewelry. You’ll just see them as “stylish,” and then notice the accents over time… something to consider.
- Wrist Band- This is definitely an easier men’s jewelry to shop for, right ladies? It’s even sexy when worn the right way. Made of leather, metal or mixed. Slim or chunky, it all depends on his personal style.
- A Day Full of Naughty Sex- Ok Ladies, if your hubby wants this for Christmas, then the money you will be spending will be on yourself- lingerie, candles and all those things that make a night like this fun.
Call up your sister/ friend early enough to ship off the kids for the day!
- A Titanium Watch- When hunting for something a little different in a watch, going with titanium can be just the change you’ve been looking for, for him. He obviously thinks so too, so you can’t go wrong here. Lighter and stronger than steel, and sporting a darker grayish hue, titanium watches still aren’t hugely common in the industry but are definitely a fantastic option for your man. It’s also great for people with sensitive skin.
- Bitcoins-Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and worldwide payment system. It is the first decentralized digital currency, as the system works without a central bank or single administrator. However, it’s become a darling for investors, who are turning to bitcoin for its rising value.The cryptocurrency has appreciated spectacularly since the beginning of the year, so if there’s any good news here, it’s an investment that at the moment, is profitable to invest in. Investing in cryptocurrency for him shows your thrifty, responsible side, and which man doesn’t want a good investment?
- Good underwear-Regularly overlooked and taken for granted, but a lot of times, many women assume because the men in their lives have underwear, that they do not want or like to have more. A good quality set of briefs or boxers depending on his preference is a simple gift that will definitely be appreciated if you get it all right. By getting it right, I mean the colors, size and fabric texture.