NYX is a makeup brand that probably has like a lipstick or some type of makeup in lots of make up purses. I got their jumbo lip pencil in burgundy, a color I have loved since I was in my 20s. Did I get my money’s worth?
- Pencils are easy to use because you can always get a sharp edge and we all know that’s good for a more precise application. Everytime you sharpen it, you get a good application and I love that.
- The lipstick itself is soft and easy to apply. Glides over the lips nicely.
- Well, it’s not everytime you buy a lipstick that says it’s one color and then you find out it’s not exactly like that! This lipstick was not burgundy at all. It’s more of a frosted deep pink shade!
- Added to the frostiness is the gloss. Too much gloss in a makeup world(mine) where matte and cream reign supreme!
- Definitely doesn’t last the whole day, give it about 5 hours if you do not eat or drink anything major.
Not quite the lipstick for work or any long wear; you could have fun wearing it out for a party or a night out because of its gloss and shine.
Wish it was true to it’s color though.