Have you ever met someone who says they never go anywhere without makeup? most of us have friends or at least have noticed someone like that- like you wonder if they always wake up looking that way! The truth is that a lot of those women wear make up so much they are scared to be seen without it, while others feel they look terrible and sickly without makeup! Not only is that not true, but there are plenty of ways to look beautiful without makeup that will leave you feeling gorgeous and confident.
Makeup is fun, but it shouldn’t be obligatory! We know we always talk about makeup- it’s latest trends and shopping tips… Which we love, who doesn’t love good makeup? but sometimes your skin needs time to breathe and take in some good ol’ fresh air!
If you’re still preteen or even a teenager who’s not yet allowed to wear makeup, or you are very much a part of the no – makeup movement along with the always beautiful Alicia Keys, or perhaps you do have off days for your makeup, then this will make a good read for you!
- SkinCare– This has to be top of the list! Without makeup to hide all the spots and blemishes, you need to pay special attention to your skin. On a normal day, with or without makeup, you would follow your skin care routine- I hope you have one- cleansing, exfoilating etc. Make sure you do not deviate from that. Wear good moisturizer daily, exfoliate once a week,use a good toner and take care of any pimples or acne you have with the appropriate medication. Urban life can leave our skin grimy and dull, so cleanse regularly to keep your skin looking fresh if you want to be a natural beauty! Even if you have peculiar skin problems, take care of them but do not let it bother you. Carry your look with confidence and no one will even notice! Many skin problems are actually related to the excessive use of makeup; skin tone becomes uneven because of the reaction of your body on a foundation, concealer or blush. If you stop using foundation (at least for a while), after some time, you’ll notice that your skin tone will improve and there will be no need for the makeup mask any more. If skin problems persist, get a professional advice of a dermatologist straight away.
2. Grooming is another very important must. Make sure you have your hair combed, trim nose hairs and trim or pluck excess eyebrow hair so that everything is on place and looks clean and neat.You just need to maintain good hygiene and make yourself look presentable. Take care of your natural beauty, clean your hair, keep your nails in shape, wear good clothes and control your body odor. Make sure you focus on your outward appearance.
3. Longer lashes are one way to prep up your face. You could use the good old Vaseline to comb through them, castor oil that is known for hair growth and stronger lashes and eyelash curlers. Also on the eyes, using a good eye drop to whiten your eyes will definitely make you look bright, fresh and awake!
4. Whiter teeth will not only make you look younger, it’ll make your smile stand out(And we advise you do a lot more of that!) Make sure you brush 2ce a day, use dental floss, change your tooth brush every 3 months with a medium to soft brush, most preferably the power toothbrush which is said to remove more plaque and debris than a normal one and visit your dentist at least 2ce a year to have your teeth professionally cleaned. There are also good whitening strips you can use from your local drugstore.
5. Your lips are important in making you look nice and fresh. Exfoilate and moisturize them as often as you can-
Try out some DIY tips by dipping your old toothbrush in vegetable oil and brush gently over your lips or mix sugar and honey and use as a scrub on your lips. You can moisturize with vaseline or a good lip balm- all because nobody likes to see or feel dry,cracked lips at any time, not even you!
6.Always wear sunscreen. You should wear sunscreen every day, even if it’s cold, cloudy or snowy, whether you’re white, olive, brown or black as the UVA/UVB rays can still damage your skin. Sun damage will cause your skin to age prematurely, and in extreme cases can lead to skin cancer and other skin conditions. Aim to use SPF 30 or higher and, if possible, find a sunscreen which doubles up as a moisturizer. This will make sunscreen application easy to remember.
7.Looking and feeling healthy has a lot to do with what you put into your body. Skin, especially, can be affected by a poor diet and healthy skin is essential to looking good without makeup. Try to cut out as many greasy, fatty, sugary foods as possible and load up on fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats instead. Remember to drink plenty of water to flush out your system, keep skin looking healthy and prevent you from feeling bloated. Detox is a good way to go with a lot of green smoothies and lemon in water. Take a vitamin supplement if you feel you are not getting all of your daily requirements from your diet alone. Vitamins A, C and E are all particularly beneficial for the skin. Avoid alcohol as it does a lot of harm on your skin. Another important thing is to get proper sleep, 8 hours is good enough.
8. Be confident. True beauty shines from within, so stop believing that you need your mascara to feel confident and start believing in you. Stand up tall, with your shoulders back and your chin up. Remember that makeup is simply a tool used to emphasize certain features—your natural beauty has been there all along.
Make eye contact with people and smile frequently. A Smile will instantly help you to feel and look pretty, even if you don’t have any makeup on!
As Audrey Hepburn once said: “The prettiest girl is the happiest one!” Smile every time you look in the mirror, smile to people you see on the street and, in general, let smile be your favorite accessory – you will see how the whole world will start smiling back at you!
Love yourself. Accept yourself fully and completely. Love the way you look with or without makeup, because you are truly unique and beautiful! Remember it!
Believe that you look beautiful without makeup, and others will believe it as well.
Source:makeup.allwomenstalk.com. www.stylishwalks.com, www.beautyandtips.com, myawesomebeauty.com, www.wikihow.com/