Youthful hands are usually not a cause of concern for the young in mind and body, well, probably not until you get into your thirtys’ and you begin to raise children, when there’s a lot of cooking and cleaning to be done and there’s less time to do much for your self. It begins to take a toll on you, especially your hands which remain the tool for everything you do. Discoloration, dryness and wrinkles are the common problems associated with the hands. Usually we preoccupy ourselves with taking care of our body and face and overlook the attention due to our hands and so we find out too late the toll all our hard work is taking on our hands. Let’s be honest, our hands do a lot of hard work.
This can be prevented to a certain extent however, if you always wear gloves when doing the dishes or laundry and when you’re out gardening or doing any manual labour for that matter. Slather on as much sunscreen as often as you can even if you are not out under the sun. For spots on your hands use lemon juice only, lemon juice with sugar or honey, currants, parsley, apple cider vinegar, onion, etc. Papaya is also an excellent ingredient that helps you get rid of dark spots on your hands very naturally and effectively.
Switch to gentle, fragrance-free hand and dish soaps. To minimize your exposure to water, whenever possible use a non-soap cleanser. Skin needs moisture to stay soft and supple. When water in the top layer escapes, the texture becomes flaky. Why? Water is also skin’s potential enemy, because it can wash away the lipids that help hold on to moisture. Excessive hand-washing can strip away these natural oils and dry out hands, as can detergents, alcohol-based sanitizers, and abrasive scrubs. Redness and chapping often follow. Hands become so paper-dry, wrinkly, veiny, and splattered with spots and you’ll find yourself wondering, for all the TLC I give my face, why didn’t I realize that my hands needed more care than just the occasional manicure, and now they are a dead giveaway of my age!
After washing your hands or having any other contact with water — shampooing your hair or rinsing vegetables, for example — think defensively, and apply moisturizer. Skip lotions, which are light, and go straight to heftier sealants — creams and ointments. In a cream, look for glycerin or petrolatum check ingredients for an anti-inflammatory like chamomile or aloe. And keep multiple tubes within arm’s reach — in a desk drawer, kitchen drawer, handbag, or car — so you actually use them. You can increase skin thickness with retinoic acid: This anti-ager improves skin texture and decreases wrinkles by speeding up cell turnover and boosting collagen production. The prescription strength has a reputation for being irritating, so do use with caution.
Wrinkle is a natural element of aging and you may reduce it through these natural remedies at home:
- Shea butter is a common ingredient in the house. It is loaded with so much nourishing and healing properties which will provide the hand skin with hydration and moisture. You just take a bit of shea butter and then use it to massage your hands. Besides, you may also make a homemade cream by mixing shea butter with a bit of coconut oil or cocoa butter and melt this mixture. Next, you add some drops of your favorite essential oil and pour this into an empty jar. You let it stay for overnight and use it to nourish and moisturize your hands.
2. Avocado & Honey. Avocado is comprised of vitamins A, vitamin C, and vitamin E along with monounsaturated fats which have the responsibility to work on dry skin. Plus, they will assist you in reducing the sagging skin appearance, thus making your hands look young.
How to use:
- You take half a ripe avocado and then mix its pulp with a tablespoon of raw honey.
- Then you apply this paste directly on the hands and wait for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Finally, use cool water to rinse off your hands.
- Keep doing this several times weekly.
- Or you can use the avocado oil to gently massage your hands every day before you take a bath.
This also works as a good face mask too.
3, Aloe Vera:This is a simple way on how to get younger looking hands. Aloe Vera, in fact, possesses natural moisturizing properties helping to retain moisture in the rough and dry skin. Additionally, the aloe Vera gel will form a layer to protect your skin and also improve your skin tone.
How to use:
- Firstly, take an aloe Vera leaf and extract its gel.
- Then you dab this aloe Vera gel on your hand skin and gently massage it for several minutes.
- Allow the mixture to stay on your hands for 12 to 15 minutes clean with lukewarm water.
- You should use this natural way 1 or 2 times on a daily basis.
4. Lemon juice, Baking Soda & Honey: Lemon juice is known as a great skin cleanser which will aid in softening and smoothing your hands. Moreover, it has the ability to improve your skin tone as well as fade away the skin spots on your hand skin.
How to use:
- You mix the lemon juice with baking soda and honey at an equal ratio.
- Then you apply this solution on your hand skin.
- Gently massage your hands for a while and wait for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Finally, you clean your hands with lukewarm water.
- Reapply this process once or twice weekly to ensure soft and healthy-looking hands.
5. If you are finding a simple way on how to get younger looking hands, you can try applying an overnight intense softening solution using only 2 items: Vaseline and a pair of socks. Vaseline, in fact, is famous for the ability to maintain the softness and moisture of your hand skin. Many women will agree with us that Vaseline is their no.1 beauty secret.
It is also very easy to apply this process. After completing all your activities and finish your day, you firstly use a gentle soap to wash your hands and dry them off. Next, you get a bit of Vaseline and then dab it on your hands. You spend half a minute on massaging your hands gently. After that, you wear the socks over the hands and sleep. In the next morning, just remove the socks and you will own supple and soft hands.
If you love the natural ways to reduce wrinkles, you should try to avoid smoking. Sleep well and avoid the tendency to over- wash your hands every day.
If you have beautiful hands, you will feel beautiful yourself. Hand care is very necessary because it reflects your age, which should not be any problem.. until you clock 40 and above, by which no woman desires that anyone should be able to guess her real age, just by looking at her hands! If you usually care for your face and ignore your hands,like so many of us catch ourselves doing, try to change your routine immediately if you do not want your hands to end up dry, rough, and wrinkled. It is possible to use the simple home treatments for your aged hands without taking supplements or surgery. By applying these home remedies every day, you will stop some problems you’d want to avoid on your hands such as redness, roughness, wrinkles or spots.
Ladies, it’s never too late to treat your hands the way you want your face to be treated!
Sources: vkool.com, www.prevention.com, goodhousekeeping.com