I’m learning not just to eat healthy, but to snack healthy too and I recently am beginning to see the benefits in the good old Cucumber not just in my salad but alone as a snack- cool sliced up cucumbers in front of the TV, before you know it, your tummy will be so full of goodies you’ll forget you ever needed chips!
I particularly like the way it fills you up and that’s because they’re full of water. Here are some other benefits of this veggie I discovered:
- It’s a natural laxative I guess because of its high water content- good for digestion.
- It fights cancer and diabetes
- Its high silica content promotes healthy hair- who knew?!
- We all know it’s an instant cure for tired eyes or bags under the eyes. Eating them also helps to promote good vision and healthy eyes because of it’s rich vitamin A content.
- It’s great for acne and altogether promotes healthy skin
- Great for high blood pressure because of it’s magnesium and potassium content.
- Good for weight loss but also gives you a good burst of energy.
- It’s a good source of fiber, contains enzymes and erepsin to help the body digest protein.
Did you also know that pressing a slice of cucumber to the roof of your mouth for 30 seconds removes bad breadth? Well, guess what?- drinking your water with cucumber and lemon in it is not only a good detox but its xenoestrogens will give you a flat belly! All this while minimizing your pores, healing your sunburn, treating your blemishes and brghtening your skin!
Need I say more? I’m already in, how about you? Let’s make it our August snack as well as the go- to home remedy and see which of these we’ll be testifying to at the end of the month.
Do you know other benefits of this vegetable? tell us in the comments below.